
Marcia Marie Jenks Anderson wanted Motherhood more than any woman I've ever known. And she certainly had to work hard to get her children here. But her hard work didn't end there. I can't imagine how many hours she must have spent on her knees asking how to BEST raise us. No decisions were come upon lightly and her example was impecable. She was an incredible mother that gently guided us in righteousness and never failing love.
It's been six years (yesterday) since she passed away but she is still with us often. Her essence and her example will never die. Mom- We love you. We'll never forget the role you played here on earth. You are what motivates us to Choose the Right. We look forward, with earnest anticipation, to the day we're all together again. All the good we do is for you.
I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
The Most Amazing Mother in the World!
There are four of us here on earth that can say we have been blessed with the most amazing mother ever, and we're actually right! I know most of you believe you have the best mom ever but I have to say... My mom beats yours, even if by just a hair.
Posted by Kim at 11:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
OK...now I am all choked up. I love your mom too. She is one of the best moms. She taught me a lot about everything. In fact, I was just telling Trent last night, how after I started my period, it was you and your mom that took care of the whole situation. I had no clue, and we never talked about stuff like that at our house. She was a truly amazing gal.
Kim,
Thanks for posting that. It's beautiful, you have a way with words. I love her wedding picture. My McKenna was blessed with her smile and natural curls so I get to see little glimpses of mom now and then in her and I love it. We were truly blessed weren't we? What I wouldn't give for one of those mom hugs where she just sucks you in. I think that was the hardest thing about losing her. Her ability to love in such huge quantities was amazing. I've never met anyone with such a capacity before. She was truly the best mom ever. Some may remember her awkward ways, her air headedness and naivete, and the somewhat unbalanced spirituality-heck I do to. How can you not? Those things are so much fun. Like when she'd sneak Oreo's and think no one would notice the brown caked all over in the crevices of her teeth-like we cared if she ate them or not(Lol). The way she yelled "Do it again!"-so caught up in the yodeling excitement at the Bar J Wranglers or her reaction when she'd boof. Too funny. Those are actually fun things to remember. My favorite memories though are those when she was just close, loving me. I still remember her smell. The feel of her soft arms. Her pretty fingers. The way her curls would bounce back after we'd brush them. Her cool scar skin on her legs from her childhood burns. Her sparkly eyes when she was proud of us. Her excitement when we'd come home-you could feel her anticipation while she'd wait to hear about our day or evening no matter the time. Her not so in tune humming. The Chinese food she'd slave in the kitchen to make. Those back rubs to die for. Those are the things I remember most. They are the things I miss most. The things I'll get again. Thanks to her example and the life she led, we get it all. Yes, we are the lucky ones.
Kim,
I loved what you said and you do have a wonderful way with words. It is a lovely tribute to your mom.
I love you kiddo.
I also did a tribute and tried to add a link to your post. It was there last night ...then Blogger is so wierd, it was gone along with my typo error corrections. It won't let me correct them today! Your message is not suppose to be in red but a sunflower yellow...
Anyway I to wanted to pay tribute to a life well lived jsut way too short!
Love you so much!
That was so beautiful. It was so nice to see a picture of her. Can you believe after all this time I have never seen one?
She was also a wonderful aunt! I agree with Trina...her capacity to love was amazing. I know I always felt loved by her. I miss her.
As I set her in tears, thinking of how much I miss her soft touch durring the hardest times of my early life, I can't help but recall so many laughs with her. She was always able to take any physical item and turn it into an off key song that never seemed to end. Oh what I would give to hear that melody from the other room as she dusted or got ready to go walking. She was always there at the door with those great big arms and usually a mouth full of figs to say hello. She never seemed to say exactly what she wanted unless she was doing a fireside. As I stood by her side standing on her feet so that "Thumper the foot spasims" would go away enabeling her to continue on it was amazing but semingly not suprising to see the aww in peoples eyes and the love and devotion that they had for her as she struggled to say even a word. I miss laying on the front yard with a blanket and looking at the stars, playing catch in the park behind our house, or playing peas porage hop " a and and eye coordination game". Most of all I also miss her smell and those enourmous huggs. The last time she wanted to give me a hug I had just come home from elk hunting and was covered in a weeks worth of sweat nd elk urin. I told her I would go home and clean up an then return to get that hug. I never made it back in time for the hug. That is my only regret in life. Knowing now that she understands my feelings and knowing because of what she taught me is that hug is still waiting and that in due time i will get to feel her embrace again. It was a very somber time on the 18th as I and my wife took a dozen rozes to her grave site. As time goes on the pain gets more managable and the good times seem to become more crisp in my mind. She was and is a jewel in all of our eyes. God broke the mold when he created her and that is a fact. No mom can or will ever compare to the sweet gentle, kindness and pure love that she had for all. I miss her incredibly much and also feel her around often.
Her youngest and tallest
Jared Anderson
Kim, a truly beautiful tribute for a truly beautiful and amazing woman. I look to her examples and courage now more than ever, and each day I appreciate her strength as she endured her trials. They give Jordon and I courage and strength as we go through ours. Thank you again!
Please go to http://auntieswithadvice.blogspot.complease my other blog and see all the wonderful comments people have left about your mom's tribute. (For our family blog sometimes it feels Sometimes I feel like I shouting down an empty stairwell, and I so appreciate your comments:) The last time I noticed there were 16 comments on the aunties!
I love you! I hope you are feeling alright!
Post a Comment