Coleby was such a trooper . He helped me pick plums, apples, and corn. Then we husked and canned 60 ears. And you wouldn't believe how many times he stomped around like a mad man trying to get away from the ear wigs. It was so funny.
I, being the cool and brave mom that I am, told him to just smash them in between his fingers. Of course I did it to show him how easy it is. DON'T follow my instructions. OUCH! They can still pinch, even when their guts are being squished out. Dirty Rotten Little Thumb Pinchers. Thank goodness Coleby was smart enough to NOT follow my advice. Instead he'd just holler until I stepped on them. What a brave warrior he'll be (grin).
Thanks Coleby for helping mommy. You are a little angel with a huge heart!






3 comments:
Your amazing with all your canning. You should win canner of the year! That was super nice of Coleby to help you. He is a great kid.
Kim, You're my hero. I did my peaches, bought my bushel of pears then told all the kids to eat as many as they could. I lost the desire all together. The peaches were hard enough to get canned. I'm just too busy. What's amazing about you is I know you're busy too but you still find time. You need to share your secrets!
Wow...I can't even imagine having the desire to do something like that. I was feeling so domestic making my freezer jam. You go girl!
Post a Comment