Elder Shurtliff

Elder Shurtliff
First day in the field...serving with Elder Vauden, in Bridlington England

Monday, September 20, 2010

What a Message

Our family all spoke in Sacrament Meeting this last week and I wanted to share some highlights of Cole's talk with everyone. He wrote in by himself and definitely didn't hide his character :)

He spoke on the 10 Commandments! He told each commandments and followed with his thoughts of each

1.Thou shalt have no other God's b4 me.
"I love Greek Mythology and learning about different Gods and Goddesses. But I know who the real God is and he knows me too."
5. Honour thy father and thy mother.
"So you better do what your mom and dad say or you"ll get in big trouble."
6. Thou shalt not kill.
"So you can't kill......well, any people." ( he loves hunting)
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery
"I dont think I want to talk about that today"
8. Thou shalt not steal
" So for those of you who think it's ok to steal an old ladies purse right out of her hands, it's not."
10. Thou shalt not covet
"For everyone who wants their neighbors nice car or house, you shouldn't. When you die all you take with you is what's in your hearts anyway so just be happy with what you've got."


#7 was by far the audiences favorite. He has some good insight and the best part was he really didnt try to be funny. I love his innocent manner.

1 comments:

Jody and Billy said...

That is so cute! Your husband mentioned that in his talk on Sunday! He did a really good job, I think his talk was ment for me! Tell him Thank You!!!